5 Simple Ways to Make Money Online
By now you’ve obviously heard that the internet offers a number of legitimate opportunities to make money online.
Unfortunately, it’s also a place where scammers and swindlers love to take advantage of real people.
This bad reputation has discouraged many people from learning more about how to earn a part or full time income from home.
If you’ve been searching for ways to supplement or replace your primary income, you might want to pay close attention to the following paragraphs.
Here are 5 simple ways to make money online:
Extend your freelance expertise
If you have experience or a special skill that you can adapt to freelancing remotely, use your scheduling flexibility to your advantage and search for paid work online.
You can also ask your existing offline clients or your current employer if they’d allow you to work from home at least some of the time.
- Consulting, marketing, writing and editing, transcription, medical coding, web/graphic voiceover work, designing, and programming are just some of the careers that work well as a freelance venture.
- You can find more clients by contacting local businesses, applying for gigs on Craigslist, optimizing your website for search engines, and applying for online freelance job openings.
- Some of the most popular bidding sites for freelancers are Elance.com, Guru.com, Odesk.com, Rentacoder.com and getafreelancer.com.
Learn about affiliate marketing
Affiliate marketing means selling other people’s products online for a commission. Consistency is the key here, otherwise you’ll be lucky to make $100 in a year’s time. Be diligent with your efforts, however, and there really is no limit to the earnings you can generate for yourself.
- Affiliate marketing requires a bit of research before you can begin to make money online. Plant the seeds for future growth and watch the profits start to come in. Affiliate links are the seeds that grow opportunities for you down the road. The more affiliate links you have online, the more money you can make.
- Patience will be a virtue with this type of marketing. It often takes months to see any serious income as an affiliate marketer. You may be earning only $10 a month when you start an affiliate marketing career, but once you learn more about how to generate traffic and sales, you could easily begin earning $2,000 to $4,000 every month.
Become a virtual assistant
Virtual assistant perform the same tasks as traditional office staff or personal assistants do. The only difference is that they serve clients from home rather than in a traditional office setting.
You may work with spreadsheets, answer emails, write and edit correspondence, set appointments, or a number of other time-sensitive tasks for a small set of clients.
- A virtual assistant is really just another type of freelancer. The benefit here is you can have multiple clients at once. In general, you can expect to earn around $10 per hour as an entry-level assistant to around $40 per hour for more experienced assignments.
- Virtual assistant jobs are available on the same freelance websites mentioned above.
Become a blogger
When you venture into the world of blogging, you essentially become your own boss. As with other privileges in life, this freedom comes with greater responsibility and dedication.
- You’ll need to create daily blog posts, drive consistent traffic to your site, and find advertisers that either want to rent space there or allow you to become affiliates for their products and services. For the best results, you’ll also want to build a list of targeted subscribers that you can offer these same products to later on.
- Blogging incomes vary widely. You’re no longer paid on a per project basis, but by advertising revenue you generate on your own on your site. Plus, you can make money from selling either your products or from affiliates for a commission through a blog and newsletter. Your income is directly related to your skill level, effort, and ability to attract followers by earning their respect.
- Since it takes a while to build up a reasonable income from blogging, you’ll need to keep your day job for at least a year or more. In some cases, a blog can take two years or more to build a following and generate revenue that equals your current salary.
Sell your own products
One classic method for making money online is selling your own products. It doesn’t matter whether you make something like clothing, aprons, clothing, or rugs, or if you sell pre-manufactured items like cell phone accessories, art, or software, there’s a market somewhere online for you.
- Selling products to make money online requires a diligent marketing plan. You’ll need to become familiar with the concept of search engine optimization, create a blog or website for your business (one that’s easy to navigate), and create an advertising campaign that attracts buyers in droves.
There are plenty of scams that still exist on the Internet, but there’s also a number of legitimate ways to make money online right from home.
Seek out online forums that include like-minded who can point you in the right direction and help you avoid costly mistakes and illegitimate business ventures.
The good thing is, no legitimate work at home opportunities require you to pay in advance for the chance to earn money. Even so, approach new ventures with a healthy amount of discretion and caution.
Try out a few of the above opportunities that could put more cash in your pocket and give you
the financial freedom you deserve!